Work With Us
Due to an exciting expansion of our Gun Room we have an opening for a Gun Room Manager or Assistant.
Emerald Gun Room is a progressive & dynamic business with a depth of knowledge and a strong local customer base having acquired Kexby Fieldsports in 2020. Working at Emerald Country Store & Gun Room, you will be a valued member of the team with career progression & additional responsibility available.
We require someone with a good knowledge of Firearms, Shooting and Countryside Conservation, as well as a basic interest in farming & animal care. The applicant must be IT literate, polite, driven, presentable, punctual and highly organised. In return you can expect an excellent salary with bonus scheme, company pension, additional training and career progression.
Your roles will include, but not limited to;
- Daily running & management of the Gun Room
- The advice and sales of firearms and ammunition
- Involvement in our country store and feed business
- Orchestrating sales campaigns with involvement into the marketing
- Advice and guidance on product selection of footwear, clothing and shooting accessories
- Fitting and suitable selection of gun accessories (scopes etc)
- Online advice and selling (where legislation permits)
- General customer service
- Making up and general repairs of firearms
Training will be given on the products we sell and the systems we operate. Further progression and training is available within the role. Due to the nature of the role any applicant will have a full Police background check done. A valid firearms or shotgun certificate is advantageous but not essential. This is a full time role working 8am – 5pm at Riverside Enterprise Park, Saxilby. Due to the retail aspect of the business weekend work will be required although an exact rota will be decided by all parties. A competitive level of remuneration of £22,000 - £40,000 depending on experience and industry knowledge. This position is ready to start with immediate effect. If you feel you are the right person for this excellent opportunity then please submit your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org