TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer 20Kg
Comprehensive Feed Balancer is a very palatable ‘Non-Heating’ pelleted feed that is formulated without cereal grains and is low in sugar and starch.
t contains many supplements combined with good quality protein to promote muscle development and topline. The supplements include a top-specificaion broad-spectrum supplement and specialised supplements including a superb hoof supplement, generous levels of anti-oxidants and sophisticated digestive aids.
This superb specification allows horses to utilise far more nutrients from the forage and straights in their diet, which usually means that their hard feed intake can be reduced with many resulting benefits A complete specification is freely available.
Comprehensive Feed Balancer is a very flexible nutrient-rich feed designed to balance the rations of most horses and ponies simply by adjusting the rate at which it is fed and the products it is fed with.
When Comprehensive Feed Balancer is fed there is therefore often no need to add any further supplements, other than salt or electrolytes for sweating horses. The addition of e.g. blood tonics, yeast supplements/digestive aids, or hoof supplements is a totally unnecessary expense, ineffective and potentially harmful.
- A fully comprehensive range of the micro-nutrients needed to balance feed and improve its utilisation, even in the most demanding or stressful situations.
- Powerful levels of vitamin E and selenium, vital anti-oxidants, to neutralise the presence of excess free-radicals and, together with high quality protein, to optimise muscle development and function. Important for broodmares, horses on high oil diets, and horses with muscle function problems.
- The level of biotin (15mg/500kg horse/day) that is scientifically proven to improve hoof quality, plus the levels of methionine, cysteine, lysine, calcium, zinc, copper, iodine, vitamin A and soya oil known to improve the efficiency of biotin alone. Many of these nutrients also promote supple skin and a shiny coat.
- Effective levels of protein, vitamins, calcium, phosphorous, copper, zinc and manganese to develop and maintain strong bone.
- Constructive levels of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, anti-oxidants plus MSM to help maintain healthy joints. For horses with joint problems we recommend either adding 10:10 Joint Support supplement or changing to Joint Feed Balancer.
- Raised levels of copper, zinc, B vitamins and associated nutrients to optimise haemoglobin levels in blood.
- Generous levels of B vitamins for efficient energy metabolism, vital for horses with compromised hindgut function.
- A pure, protected yeast. Research has shown that the yeast used by TopSpec not only significantly improves fibre digestibility in the horse but also significantly improves the overall digestibility of feed when horses are fed a ration containing 70% forage and 30% concentrates. This allows horses to gain much more benefit from their diet. This pure, protected yeast has full approval under the latest EU legislation for use in feeds for horses of all ages, including foals.
- A mannan oligosaccharide (MOS). This is a constituent of yeast cell walls. It bonds with pathogenic (bad) bacteria, removing them from the gut, leaving the beneficia bacteria free to multiply. The combined effect of the two yeast products is a healthy gut environment with optimised digestive efficiency.
- Two advanced probiotic substances to create a healthy gut environment, optimise fibre digestibility and maintain a healthy immune system:
- Organic chelated minerals for improved availability.
- Many factors to help calm certain horses.